Can you go to L&D for this...

If you have back labor can you go into labor and delivery , im 1cm dialted and have back labor, and contractions but the pain is in my back, im 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are they coming at regular intervals? If so I would go to the L&D.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• like pp said, if they are regular then i would go.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yikes, contractions at 40 weeks!? I'd have my butt in there saying " if i'm not in labor, break my damn water!"
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 2:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i would agree with the pp...if they are regular and getting painful i would go in...i had a friend that had no idea she was even in labor because it was all in her back, and from what she said really wasnt that painful, when we got to the hospital (she thought her water broke) they hooked her up to the monitors and she was having contraction two minutes apart and had no idea! theey checked her and she was 8cm, her daughter was born in triage 12 minutes later, obviouly thats not typical but it can happen and i dont think you want to have that baby at home or on the way to the hospital! good luck! keep us updated!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• If you are in labor, go when you feel the time is best.
    If you're having back labor, work to find ways to alleviate the pain, like double-hip squeeze.

God luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• personally i would wait until the back pains were like 4 minutes apart, and lasting about a minute. gl!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Answered at 2:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 by:
    MJ_BN...
    yikes, contractions at 40 weeks!? I'd have my butt in there saying " if i'm not in labor, break my damn water!"

i DEFINITELY wouldn't do that. having the water broken is risky. google risks of AROM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Its not risky, I've had my water broke two times before. They do it on "birth day" on the health channel all the time. Sometimes the woman are 10 cm and their water still hasn't even broke.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2010