Y do we have to play the waiting game?

My DH and I are trying for our 3rd and final child. I got my Implanon out on Feb 1st and the Dr. said to use condoms for a couple months to get my body on track (first off why?) but we didnt do that and it is killing me to wait to see if we get pregnant this month. Why cant our eyes just turn color when we conceve LOL? Also I keep hearing you ovulate 14 days before you start your period...is this right? this cant be for me...I conceved my other 2 on the 10th and 14th and it was a day or so after my period (my cycle has alwas been irregular though). One more question, can being on the Implanon change your ovulation week? or will I still expect to get preg. the same week of the month? Any answers to any of these question would be great! Thanks!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 1:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know anything about the implanon, but women can conceive/ovulate at any time any month no matter when bleeding is. I've had ovulation mucus during my periods and between.

The 14 day ovulation is a generalization because doctors aren't in bed with us when we conceive looking with a scope confirming conception.

There has to be a set rule from which there is average norm and under and above that.

Maybe try different kids of ovulation kits?

Hope things work out for you!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:26 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• 14 days is just a general rule, it's mid-cycle for women who are on a 28 day cycle. It's definitely no guarantee. You're much better of tracking your temperature to see when you ovulate, or paying attention to cervical mucus. I think part of the reason doctors tell you to wait is because when your system is not yet regular and you get pregnant, it is hard to know when your due date is.

I'm with you on the waiting game.. we've been TTC for 15 months.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2010