can i have sex at 4 weeks of just giving birth???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you done bleeding? Are YOU wanting to? If both answers are yes then it should be safe. At 3-4 weeks your uterus is only down to the size it was at about 3 months pregnant. This is why doctors don't want to see you yet even though you are most likely completely healed up. They want you to wait until 6 weeks because that is when your uterus is generally down to pre pregnancy size. I had sex at 2 and 3 weeks postpartum.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• if you were sectioned you should wait at least six weeks. If not sectioned still a lot happened down there a while longer is still good for healing even without an episiotomy. Remember you can get pregnant - breastfeeding or not ovulation can return with out your ok.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• did u get stitches?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I don't know why you would want to... but you should be ok if you feel ready. Most of my friends started back at the nasty a few weeks after I just thought it was my healing time and didn't much feel like it. You should be ok though.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• well its depending how u feel but i think u should give it about two more weeks
    just b carefull u dont wanna end up prego again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• you can get pregnant anytime they say 6 wks to give you time to heal and prevent infection.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• You can but you risk infection

Answer by admckenzie at 10:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2010