do any of you have sex on your period?

lately me and my SO haven't had much time to see each other since we've both been busy with school and work. last night we finally spent the night alone together. im on my period, which is basically over.. but we had sex anyway, since we won't be able to see each other again until next week. it was my first time having sex while on my period.. but it wasn't messy or anything like i thought. anyone else do this? or is this completely disgusting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My DH would never have sex with me even for a day after my period ended..but over the 7 yrs..he loosened up..we did it once with out me knowing my period was starting & yes it was gross lol..now he'll have sex with me the day after its over but not during it..but i know people who do it while on the period..so its whatevery you guys are comfortable with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yup we have done that and i have never had a problem with it being messy. I think many people assume it is going to be and I am sure it can be but in my experience it isnt. I dont think its disgusting, normally i jump in the shower right afterwards just because i feel better lol. If you are really worried put a towel under you just in case.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We always have, and probably always will.. its not like the blood is gonna come gushing out.. the friction stops it in a way.. we do use condoms though.
    SammiStar

Answer by SammiStar at 2:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My husband gets crazy grossed out by period sex. Problem is, I spot all month long and never know when, so he'll be cleaning up afterward and notice and get grossed out. It's actually pretty funny. I have no interest in sex when I'm actually on my period, but since I spot at least 10 other days out of the month, I don't mind sex then. A lot of the time I won't spot all day until we're doing it.. so there's really no way of avoiding it without giving up sex all together.. that or my infertility doc could figure out what's wrong with me.. one or the other...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• in Islam women & men are not to have intercourse when a woman is on her menses, one reason is because it is actually harmful to the woman. the point of a period is to clean out our interiors, in a way having sex during this time pushes the impurities of blood back in..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Yes we do and it is no big deal to us. As long as i'm not heavy I don't have a issue with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yes we always have
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 3:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yep i have before, not all the time though but i dont think its to messy or anything...
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yes, i've never even thought about NOT having it then

Answer by missanc at 7:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yes we have.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2010