How soon after the day you conceive would you start feeling symptoms?

For example its only been a couple of days since the last time my husband and I had sex, but I am randomly feeling nauseated at random times at the day, like my stomach will churn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• that's probably too soon, it is very personal so what I experience could be the opposite of what someone else has experienced. But usually morning sickness etc doesn't start til you are at least overdue for a period. I always know as I am so ravenously hungry it is all I can think about.
    You are so focused on it right now as you want it so bad, but sadly, it would be too soon to have that sort of effect
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I think its all mental, if you are in tune with your body, you can know way before your period is late.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I think wishful thinking and/or fear play a huge role in this sort of thing. As human beings trying to function in the world, it is not really healthy to be obsessively "in tune" with our bodies every change. It could be hormones/pregnancy, it could be that you are tired or you ate something that doesn't agree with you, or that you are nervous or excited, or that you are coming down with something. I think we are meant to notice the big changes but honestly, not every tiny little thing. Our digestive tract is in constant motion and changing, our hormone levels are in constant flux, sometimes we get hungry or tired....etc. etc. Trying to get pregnant is a stressful thing, and I have gone through it. It is easy to convince yourself one way or the other, but the best thing to do is to try to focus on other things as much as you can....and just wait!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• A couple of days is way too soon. Implantation wouldn't have even been completed yet. To answer your main question: every woman is different. Some don't get symptoms until they are a few months along and others get symptoms shortly before their periods are due.

I've been pregnant 3 times and I start to feel pregnant 6 days before my period is due. That's too early to have the nausea, which usually kicks in around week 6. But that is when I start to feel weak and shakey, like I need a lot more protein. I also feel thirstier than usual.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Both times I was pregnant I noticed symptoms around the time I should have started my period.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 9:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I was inseminated due to fetility problems, so I know the day I conceived. 2 weeks later I was feeling VERY tired- falling asleep at 7 pm and had a nauseous reaction to a smell of cooking. I didn't feel the constant nausea until about week 6. My first symptoms was the tiredness and sore boobs.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2010