Do spot mid cycle?

I always do. Around cycle day 17 or so until the end of the month I will have a light flow/ spotting.. my infertility doc hasn't figured it out yet. Has this ever happened to you? Why was it? Were you able to get pregnant regardless?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• your doctor hasnt figured out why your body is doing something........that doesn't seem ok to me. personally if a doctor has no clue and hasnt figure it out in a matter of a couple weeks i would be moving on to another doctor who can in fact figure things out and provide me with answers. GL to you!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I had that problem for years, actually. And the doctor was never concerned and I think it is fairly "normal". I did have a D&C and the spotting did stop for whatever reason. I did get pregnant.... If a person is having trouble getting pregnant, one of the first things they would check is the hormone levels. With something like spotting, they don't always know an exact "cause" so I wouldn't switch doctors over that unless you are completely unhappy with your doctor. Infertility is complicated and it takes a while to figure it all out...sometimes they can't completely figure it out. Spotting may have nothing to do with infertility, though. Have you had a good conversation with your doctor specifically about the spotting in relation to the infertility? Why not do that!?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:53 AM on Feb. 15, 2010