Am I pregnant?! HELP!

My period is now four days late. I have taken three home tests and got all negatives. Yesterday I went to the E.R just to see if their urine tests would work better and it still came out negative. I only had a little urine in the cup and drank down an entire drink before showing up. But, I FEEL pregnant. I have never had a late period. I have bad cramps like AF is coming, but it never did! The side of my breasts are so sore and look fuller when looking in the mirrior without a bra on. When I take my bra off they are heavier too. Also, I feel so tired even after getting plenty of sleep. I checked my cervix and it's high, hard to even reach with my middle finger and it's soft from what I can feel. I had unprotected sex five days before ovulation and probably the day my fertile stage had started. Do you think pregnancy is possible? Can it be too soon to get a positive urine test still?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• have you been pregnant before? Otherwise you don't know what "feeling pregnant "is. Yes you can still be pregnant, yes it is too soon for a urine sample to show, especially as you described. Wait 5 days, then do a test with FIRST morning urine, it has a higher concentration of pregnancy hormones. Where the cervix is has almost no relevance to pregnancy esp in such an early stage. Relax, stop trying to see into the future and wait 5 days
    Good Luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• You went to the ER just for a pregnancy test? I wouldn't do that in the future.. does your insurance even cover that?

It's possible of course, but a HPT probably should register it if you're four days late already. I would just wait a week and test again (at home).
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• No you're not pregnant. You're just late and probably stressed.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Where there's sex pregnancy is always possible. Urine tests work best with first morning urine. I'd get a blood test.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:10 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• have you been pregnant before?i agree with the pp, its possible that you are pregnant but its also possible that you arent. were you trying to get pregnant or no? i know it sounds odd but sometimes if you are trying to get pregnant your mind can kind of run away with you and you can have every pregnancy symptom in the book but not be pregnant, i would wait a few days and test again with a home pregnancy test, if you dont want to do that go to your doctor and get a blood test! good luck!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• sounds like your period is just late. and the more you stress the longer it takes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• All you can do is wait a while now. The mind can play lots of tricks on a person...and that early pregnancy feeling isn't so much different from that "just about to get my period" feeling. All of it varies a lot and it is completely subjective anyway. Time will tell. I think that was a big jump to run to the ER for a pregnancy test....I am surprised they would even do one there! Who would have thought....?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• sounds like you're probably not pregnant
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• you could be maybe it's too early to tell yet. wait a couple weeks and test yourself again.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• BREATH! RELAX! If you are four days late and still not getting your period or a positive on the home pregnancy test htan you are probably not pregnant. get a blood test to be sure. stressing over over wether you may be can make you late. if you are trying than, continue to track your ovulation and keep practicing. a healthy 20 year old has about a 20% each month. if this was an oops than consider yourself lucky. good luck next month if yuor trying.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 10:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2010