How bad are your snowy roads?

If its snowing where you are, how bad is your area? I'm near Frankfort KY and the news is reporting this as one of the worst driving conditions in years. I'm staying home from work because there is no way I'm comfortable driving on ice. We are suppose to get 3-5 inches.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 7:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• HA I got over 40 inches in the past week.
    Roads are still bad
    DC area
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• You're getting ice? That def. makes for dangerous driving. Glad you're staying home :). We had about three ft of snow last week, and they did a really good job of cleaning the rds. But, YAY (not), We're getting more snow tonight!!!
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We got a slushy mix earlier this morning then had a flash freeze. Thats where temperatures drop rapidly. That mixture became ice and now were getting more snow on top of it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Please drive very carefully everyone. I cringe when I hear of accidents on the road due to bad weather...I hate for anyone to get hurt.
    As for the roads here in northern VA (about an hour south of DC) they aren't bad this morning, although any moisture left on the roads turns to black ice in the lower temps and tend to stay that way in the shady areas. The sun is shining right now, but schools were cancelled today due to some bad weather headed our way. I'm hoping it isn't too bad and that they don't miss another whole week of school. They have been out for 2 straight weeks already.
    I'll be hoping and praying for you all's and everyone else's safety. {hugs}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We've had snow & ice here for the last 3 weeks. I don't drive on the stuff. I had a wreck on it last year. This stuff is really dangerous & I see people driving like crazy on it. Arkansas
    tanya907

Answer by tanya907 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I'm in KY also, but down by Fort Campbell. Here it rained last night, dropped to 17 degrees, and then it's been snowing all morning, so it's pure slick ice out there. I'm not even ATTEMPTING to drive, because I have a coupe with nearly bald tires LMAO. But it's been snowing like crazy here for the past 3 weeks and none of it has melted yet! Normally, if it even snows here it is all gone by the next day!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I live in WA state. We have no snow, and it is 45 out right now at nearly 7 pm. I wish we had some snow. It is going to be a very dry summer.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 9:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2010