When do drop off birthday parties start?

My daughter was just invited to a friend's 5th birthday party and the invitation gave a drop off and pick up time. This is the first time she's been invited to a party where the parents weren't expected to stay. This doesn't bother me. In fact, to be honest I'm kind of happy that I'm able to get a few free hours! However, I am a little surprised. Is this the typical age where drop off parties start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Did the invitation use the phrase "drop off time" and "pick up time"? I found that at that age many parents stayed.....especially depending on the type of place where the party was held and whether or not the parents felt that the children could be adequately supervised by the parents who were having the party. My kids are older now, but I think unless it is a very small party held at home and you know the people pretty well, it may very well be that 5 is on the young side...and unless the invitation was that specific parents will stay.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My son was invited to one at that age. Only me and 1 other mom stayed. IT was a kid form his class and the party was at theri house - I did not know theese people at all and wasnt comfortable leaving.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2010