Has anyone got pregnant on mirena??

For those of you who HAVE gotten pregnant on mirena,

did you get false negatives when you tested?
what made you think you were pregnant?
how far along were you when you found out?
what was the outcome of that pregnancy?

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i did not get preg on mirena, but i did have paraguard IUD in place when i became preg. with this baby. I got 2 false negatives b4 i got a positive result. i had a missed period, heartburn bad and period like cramps so i tested. i finally got my positive result when i was about 6 weeks pregnant. My OB was able to sucessfully remove the IUD and i am now 30 weeks pregnant. I know you did not ask about paraguard, but i thought i would give you my experience with getting preg. with an IUD in.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Yes, I got pregnant with the Mirena a few years ago. However, I never made it into the 2nd trimester and my little angel is in heaven. I didn't know I was pregnant until I started getting really sick(like morning sickness).
    Anonymous