Is it safe to used lice shampoo on a 4 year old?

I think my 9 year old has lice. I was just reading the side effects of the lice shampoo and it says that serious side effects could occur if the person weighed under 110 pounds. Should I treat everyone in the house, and is there something natural I could use? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Nope not safe. Check out this link & use it on your 9 yr old, works better than the store shamppos w/ those nasty ingredients.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5001206_make-head-lice-shampoo-prevention.html
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• First of all is your child 4 or 9?! Secondly, has she been officially determined to have head lice or are you just guessing? I would call your pediatrician (I'm sure they wouldn't want her to come in if it is lice), and see if over the phone the nurse can determine if it's lice or not before you go using products that may be harmful and not necessary! THEN, if it is, they will be the best ones to order a prescription or appropriate product (natural or otherwise) to treat the condition.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• 4 and 9!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• There is a product out called "Lice Ice" that is all natural and pesticide free, it works really well. You could also use Lice MD. My peditrician recomended that for my 3 year old once. Good luck!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 9:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• called my doc and told me to go to wal-mart....they don't see kids for head lice unless you can't get rid of it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• if your kids are boys, get them really short hair cuts. it will make it far easier to get rid of the lice and avoid its spread. Also, lice likes nice, clean hair so you might want to back off washing your younger child's hair if he/she doesn't have lice yet. It may help avoid its spread.
    Anonymous