Poop??

My DD recently started solids. We did cereal first for 3 weeks and she did great and 4 days ago we started bananas. I don't know if this has anything to do with my question but I guess it would be helpful information.
The past 2 days her poop has been teal color. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• her body is just not digesting all the extra iron from the cereal, hence the funky poop color.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I don't know about teal, but green poop its pretty common.

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/baby-poop.shtml

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Undigested iron is usually blackish.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• sounds like a mix of banana & iron. Careful not to give too many bananas, they can cause constipation.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yep normal. but you may want to start on veggies. if the baby starts off on fruits they get used to the sweet and wont eat their vegies.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 12:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• KJ on is right, I started my son on fruits and never could get him to eat the veggie baby food,
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Too much iron. Especially if she is haviong iron in formula. I'd skip the the cereal. It's a marketing ploy and not needed. YOu can give baby's table food. Wait until the baby can sit up unassisted, has lost the tongue thrust reflex, and can reach for food. That happens around six months old. All these at the same time indicate gut maturity which means less gas and constipation trouble. Skip the jar food too..you'd be paying for half water! Real food. Less fuss. Better poop. Remember feed formula/breastmilk (breastmilk is a natural laxative btw) first and solids second because food before one is just for fun. Bananas can be constipating so not too much.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2010