I had sex 12 days ago can a pregnancy test be acurate. Though period is not due till the 19th.

txcandy13

Asked by txcandy13 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• there is that first response one that says it can tell 6 days before you miss your period. Just wait until you actually miss your period though, unless you just want to waste money on a test that might give you a false negative because you tested too early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• ugh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• It's not about when you had sex. Determining pregnancy is about where you are in your cycle. Whether or not an early pregnancy test would pick up on the pregnancy hormone in your system this early would depend on you. Each woman has different hormone levels. What the HPT commercials don't tell you is that only 70% of pregnant woman actually get a positive test when they test before they miss their periods.

I agree with the earlier post, wait until you miss your period unless you wouldn't be devistated by a false negative and unless you can afford to buy lots of tests. If I were you the earliest I'd test would be the 18th and be sure you hold your urine 4 hours before the test and not drink too much fluid, which can dilute the hormone in your urine.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• It is best to wait till you are 5 days late to test. Otherwise you can get false readings. Plus if you are not pregnant it will save you money to wait too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I would wait a few more days...i tested a few days early and i got an instant positive with my second baby but with my first i didn't get a positive until the day after my period was suppose to start...each one is different...good luck :)
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 10:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Thanks for all the answers. I had a shot of the 3rd to make me ovulate and when i tested to make sure i was ovulating i was. So Doctors orders to have fun for a few days. lol. But like i said it was on the 3rd when it all started. Ya yall are right it is to soon. just the anticipation, thats all. lol Thanks a bunch.
    txcandy13

Answer by txcandy13 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i have heard of people getting positives 10 dpo, some as early as 9. it's not advisable though, there would be a lot of false negatives i'm sure
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2010