how do they test for a urinary tract infection with your period?

I think I may have one but started my period today.. Is there a way for them to test for a uti?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Health

• use a tampon so your urine won't be contaminated
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Go to CVS, Walgreens or Walmart and get you a box of AZO that is good for UTI. Hope you feel better OH and drink lots of water to help you flush out the bad stuff...lol GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I had mine and just peed in a cup. They tested the urine. They knew the trace of blood was from my period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• You take baby wipes and clean good then pee in cup. Because of my kidneys I became a pro at this so has my DD She has been peeing in a cup since she was 4. The first time was funny the Dr came in the room with DD's report and told me there was no drugs in my system and I was not pregnant. I laughed and told the Dr thanks now does my DD have an infection? They did the wrong test on DD's pee cup! When The DR relized that it was for a 4 yr old he laughed and apploigized
    MOTHERBEAR6

Answer by MOTHERBEAR6 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Just tell them you are on your period so they know there might be a little blood in your sample. It won't affect the test.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 3:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010