Cake Decorating Business Name Help

I need some help with coming up with a good name for the start of my cake decorating business. My first name is Elizabeth and I can't figure out a catchy one.

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 10:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cakes by Liz
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Takes the Cake
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I like "Takes the Cake" ... thats very cute!
    I looked around your profile for ideas, what about "MaeAnne Cakes"? ~ Sounds really unique, elegant and stylish.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:10 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Frosting

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Your better off using your full name. Its reall yhard to find a name that isn't already in use, and you don't need to worry about the domain name if you use a website if you use your name. :-/ I had to figure out something for my photography business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Ice Queen, Queen of Cakes, Ace of Cakes, Reigning Cakes, (in case you're not sure what I'm on about, playing off your name Elizabeth, as in Queen Elizabeth and Queen of Hearts...)
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 12:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Well take a list of names you like and then go down to your county clerk's office to be sure those names are available when you get your DBA. You'll also need permits and a health inspector to visit your kitchen....they have strict rules about food based businesses, such as one sink solely for washing hands, another for dishes, etc. etc.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• LisaLulu- Ace Of Cakes is a registered trademark of a TV show on Food Network. So don't use that one mommyjones! LOL
    Anonymous

• Piece of cake!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010