Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FS eligibility question

If I am a full-time college student can I get FS? My baby's father lives with me, though we are not married. He works part time and goes to college full time as well. We do not currently pay any rent because our house is paid off. We still need grocery help though. We were eligible for WIC but since I'm BFing it wasn't worth the hassle for me to keep it. Anyway, do you think we'd be eligible? I know their site has an eligibility form but it doesn't work on my computer.


Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I think if you get wic you stil get food stamps. I'm glad you are not taking advantage of WIC & letting some one else recieve it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

  • You may qualify for a little bit. The best thing to do is apply online, or contact your local welfare office to get an application and submit it. They may even help alittle with your schooling. (when I was in school I got them, and they also helped pay for my uniforms because I needed scrubs)

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

  • I work full time(making $10 an hour) and my SO and I live together with my two children, and own my home and still gets over $300 a month in food stamps

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

  • The best thing you can do is apply for it. The only problem is, with foodstamps, there are certain things that can render you ineligible even if you are way under the income limit - our income is currently 1/5 of the limit, but because my husband has an IRA (or something to that effect) we're automatically ineligible. So really, there's no way to know unless you fill out the app.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2010