I just got new glasses and everything looks weird. IS my prescription wrong?

Things are slanted to one side and it seems like I am looking through a fish bowl. Is this normal. How long should I wait it out.

hez3

Asked by hez3 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Health

• It could be or sometimes your eyes will hurt at first and it takes time to get adjusted. I just got 2 pairs for the first time and it was weird at first give it a week and if it still doesn't feel right then I would go back in to where you got them and talk to them and say what you just said to us. Good luck!!
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 10:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• it could be they gave a prescription for astigmatism, that did that to mine to the point i couldn't walk right so i had them make new ones without it. they did it for free bc i didn't want it in the first place
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Take them back and have them checked to make sure the prescription is correct. This has happened to me (they got my prescription mixed up with hubbys - he got a pair at the same time I did) and boy did I have fun saying he looked sweet in the turqoise/maroon frames I had picked out! They made a new pair for me and knocked $50 off because for my troubles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I would def take them back every time I got glasses everything look right right away.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Every time I get a new Rx it takes a few days to adjust - although I have had it a couple times now that they had to remake my lenses because things were just too off. Go back to where you got them. I've always had mine redone for free.
    Anonymous