what to do with attention hungry kids???

so every weekend, its always a battle between my almost 2 yr old and my 5 yr old. they both want ALL of my attention ALL day long. i can hardly get 30 minutes to myself to do anything, i cant even use the bathroom without an audiance. when i was growing up the rule was that kids r supposed to learn to play and imagine by themselves sometimes too. but they never want to be alone. i spend time each afternoon singing songs, playing tag, tickling each other, chasing each other arounnd the house. but when its time for them to watch a movie, or play independantly in their room, they just run back out 10 minutes later to play with me again. i feel so mean when i have to MAKE them go and stay in their rooms, so that i can think, watch a show, catch up on here, clean, cook etc....i love them, but they just dont like sitting still for too long without me and its wearing me down. im getting a little ill now what can i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• my son is 19 months and is the same way he eats sleeps and pees with me lol its so frustrating sometimes . i was wounder the same thing he will play for 5 min by himself then after that hes off breaking something or screaming to get my attention maybe its a boy thing
    clark.s.mommy

Answer by clark.s.mommy at 10:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• What to do with attention hungry kids? Give them attention! They love you, they want to be with you. Soon enough they will be 12 and 15 then they won't want a damn thing to do with you!
    Anonymous

• Yes! What anon said! I know it can wear you out, but this age doesn't last long. When your kids want your attention, give it to them. Your shows can wait. Cafemom can wait. Cleaning can wait. Kids can't. They will only be 2 and 5 for a short time. Go enjoy it while it lasts.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2010