Just wondering if you...

If the food you buy is name brand or off brand-generic..
For me- I always buy the generic/store brands what about you?

momof4kids257

Asked by momof4kids257 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Some of each. For the most part store brands are great, but let's face it an Oreo is an Oreo.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• always generic
    lilsbiggestfan

Answer by lilsbiggestfan at 11:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Generally generic-but there are SOME brands that are better. Heinz ketchup is one of them.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 11:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• generic- which makes it REALLY hard to try to save money on groceries when you have already been buying generic for years anyway...and even those prices keep rising!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Usually generic. Occasionally, I buy brand. Mostly I buy brand if the brand is on sale, usually a buy 1 get 1 sale - it is often then cheaper to get the brand, but not always.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Occasionally I'll get name brand because it's the good stuff and it doesn't taste as cheap, but mostly get generic at places like Giant, or Weis and use bonus cards and coupons to be cheaper.
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 11:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I buy what's cheapest, which is usually generic. I pay attention to cost per unit prices. Some things have to be brand name - boxed mac and cheese being one.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• always generic. except mac and cheese, for some reason in my walmart, brand name is cheaper than generic. NO idea why haha.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i have tried most to compare. some things i buy the name brand because i really think it is better. other things i cant tell the difference so i buy the cheapest. a lot of "My snacks" i buy generic because it keeps ds and dh from eating them if they dont really like them. lol
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I buy mostly generic, somethings I always get name brand of though like ketchup,chips,juice,and most all things for my 11 month old. But for everything else I try to get the cheapest as long as we like the off brand as much
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2010