carseat ?

can someone suggest a carseat? i was thinking about getting that new one with the side air head rest things. i forget what its called. but i wanted some suggestions on other ones. basically im asking what is the safest carseat and what do you ladies suggest? my daughter is gonna be 3 soon. shes on the small side. shes getting too tall for the one she has though (by the seats height requirements) but she only weighs 22 lbs. so any suggestions? and i prefer to keep it around 200 dollars max. thanks ladies. and sorry if that was hard to understand oh and im going out today to get the carseat. and i will be taking her with me to make sure she fits the seat well im just looking for suggestions on which ones to try. i want the safest one possible for my little girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Shopping

• Graco makes great carseats
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 11:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Maybe a Graco Nautilous? They are sold at Walmart for around $150 and my Walmart just started to stock the pretty pink one. They can harness to 65 pounds and also at a certian weight they can become a booster seat, both with a back and with no back. Let me find you a link.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• imho, the safest carseat available is the safeguard. I got spooked about how easy it was to install a carseat the wrong way (this was about a year ago) and did a bunch of research on carseats. My analysis of the information I found was that most carseats were about the same in terms of safety - some were a little safer, but not much - and then, waaaaaay above the rest in terms of safety, was the safeguard. No other carseat even came close. So, even though it is much heavier and also much more expensive than all other carseats, I got one. Since we are talking safety here, honestly I hope it was a waste of my money - in other words, I hope I never have to find out if it is safer than other carseats - you know what I mean.

The main thing I found out was that the biggest safety concern with carseats is that they can very easily be installed wrong. And the safeg

FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Here is my suggestion:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Nautilus-Pink-Daisy-Seat/10856433
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• thanks ladies. and the price doesnt really matter i just found that air one for 200 at toysrus and my husband says that that is the one we should get. he likes the price and the saftey features so i was wondering if there was something better for around the same price in the end there is no price i wouldnt pay for my dds saftey. kwim?but again thanks ladies. ill look at the graco ones. and that link. i appreciate the answers.
    Anonymous