Are you using Turbo Tax or Tax Act

Turbo tax has lost there mind charging out rages fees! They start of FREE at the end they try to stick you with all these stupid fees. What's your experience with TT or Tax Act.

RidingPink

Asked by RidingPink at 11:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• We're using Turbo Tax, the free version. We don't have any state income taxes, so I don't have to worry about paying for that one, and I always just click "no" when they ask if I want to buy something extra. I tried both programs and came up with the same amount (we owe), but I have found Turbo Tax easier to navigate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i always use turbo tax, i've always had a good experience with them.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• turbo tax, just click no to all tehextra options, the only fee then will be for state if you have it there, and its like $25. Think what people pay to go to H&R block. LOL
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My husband has used Turbo Tax since it first came out. We've never had any complaints with it at all.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We used H&R Block online, and it was free.

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We used H&R Block and I accidentally ended up paying to file our taxes. They are pretty tricky with that. I managed to get through about ten clicks and then I messed up and it wouldn't let me go back. I should have just started over, but the option I clicked on was $14.95 and I was ready to get started with the taxes.
    Anonymous

• I actually did both this year to see what was the better program and deal. TaxAct got me a larger return and charged a LOT less fees!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We pay to have a pro do them.
    Anonymous

• My hubby uses Taxslayer.com, it is free for the federal and $10 for the state. We have used it for 6 years now and it is great! You should try it and see what you think. :)
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 4:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I have used TaxSlayer for the past two years. We qualified for free federal AND state if we went through the IRS website and clicked the link from there.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2010