Why is sex still uncomfortable?

I had a vaginal delivery with no tearing a little over seven months ago. She was a big baby, 9.5 punds. After I had her I got Mirena put in for birth control. Also, I am still breastfeeding. Do you think any of these things may be contributing to sex still being uncomfortable? We've probably only had sex ten times since she was born! We use lube, but it just doesn't feel good at all. I used to love sex! This is ruining my relationship. Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• i had a 9lb 3oz baby, and sex hurt for probably the first year and a half afterwards, i saw many docs about it, and all i ever heard was make sure you do a lot more foreplay, and use lube...i wish i could help you with better advice, but i wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• What exactly is is the problem? are you dried up or what? Sometimes after having a baby your fluids are messed up. Try drinking a lot more water during the day, lay off the lube and have him do things like oral or just touching and kissing can get some juices going... I don't know what exactly the problem is or what's uncomfortable so, that's all I can say
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 11:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i don't know what she means about uncomfortable either, but with me it wasn't a fluid problem, it was like everything was just super sore, sometimes it would literally feel like my vagina and everything else were going to fall out!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• If it continues you sould go see your dr.
    Good Luck, sweety.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 12:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Do kegels. I can't give the best explanation of how to do them, but I'm sure you can find out on here or using Google. They are exercises that improve your vaginal muscles, which help a lot with enjoying sex.

DD was 9 lbs 13 oz, and I had only one minor tear. Almost 2 years later, I'm finally getting back to physically enjoying sex now that I've starting doing kegels regularly to help with the muscles. After our baby is born in May, I'm not waiting so long to get back to the kegels... I need a good sex life too!
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010