What useful things have you learned on CafeMom?

I learned I can use peroxide to clean the grout and caulk in my bathroom.

I learned a cool way to fix my daughter's hair.

I've learned a lot of other stuff too, but those two I found really useful.

What have you learned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well im gonna answer the question like it should be
    I honestly came on here for support, my mom's last kid was 13 years ago so her advise was ancient lol
    I learned its ok to formula feed and that i shouldnt over react when my baby is sick, and that babies get sick no matter what, just like adults, i learned that no matter what problem or situation i have someone has been there or is going through the same thing i am.
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I have learned that women can be really catty no matter WHERE you go.

I learned that just because you block someone, doesn't mean they can't see where you go on here or what answers you give(bka:cyberstalking and tattletaling)-so it's best not to give out ANY personal information or share any pictures.

I learned that kids my age generally act the same! LOL!

I learned that no matter how unique you think your situation is-it really isn't all that unique!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Ummm...my third one should read kids my kids' age...not kids my age! HA!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i learned that walkers aren't really safe, and you shouldn't really have one, but if you do, be VERY careful.
    i learned that a lot of women bash for formula feeding.
    i also ^ learned that no matter how unique you think your situation is, it really isn't all that unique.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• amen to the first answer except the last part though.dont think anyone on here is an infant,lol.

amen to the formula feeding

i learned that people are goin to judge you as vicious as they can

that women dont stand up for eachother and support one another as they should, because each one is better then the next in their own minds.

and dont ask a controversial question because you will get called names for it,as if we are all in seventh grade again

lilsbiggestfan

Answer by lilsbiggestfan at 11:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I learned that if I comment about a certain type of question, I get the "F: word in response.
    I learned that most Moms want to build up their ego by posting their rigid and narrow philosophies about raising children For example, only breast feeding is right and nobody should have their children vaccinated or they will be deathly ill ....LOL.And if you don't agree, then you are a bad person. Hehe. :-)
    I learned that too many teen Moms think it is perfectly fine.
    OR, they preach Conservative Christian values until you want to be deaf and blind just to get away from it all.
    I learned that 99% of the Moms here love Sarah Palin....and that makes me very depressed. Okay,maybe not that many ...but there are so many.....
    Okay, I have learned other things too but those items I mentioned seem to pop up her all the time and it scares me.
    Anonymous

• I learned that there are a lot of teen moms out there, especially on this site
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 12:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• OP here - These responses are so sad! I know they are mostly true, but I would not continue to be a member of this site if that's all I thought it had to offer. Didn't any of you learn something specifically useful to your real life?
    Anonymous

• i learned you are a bad mom if you formula feed
    you are a bad mom if you are on food stamps
    you are lazy if you are a sahm
    you are letting someone else raise your kids if you are a working mom
    you are a bad mom if you spank
    you are a bad mom if you front face at 1.
    you are a bad mom if you leash your kids.
    you are a bad mom if you let your kids eat candy
    you are a bad mom if you let your kid watch tv.
    80% of this site is on food stamps, wic, medicaid etc...
    i have learned there should be a test before having children... and many many people would fail
    Anonymous

• i learned that there are a million ways to used vinegar.

i learned that no matter what problems i'm having now, theres someone with a bigger problem. i no longer whine and complain.

I learned that wiccans and pagans are not as mean as people portrayed them to be, when haiti had their disaster, a lot of them spoke up for them, while my fellow christian women were saying, "no way are they getting my money".

I also learned that because i chose to protect my privacy by going anon, i'm a coward and a troll.

I learned what a troll was, lol
    Anonymous