An anthropogenic-global-warming apostate speaks

David Evans- I DEVOTED six years to carbon accounting, building models for the Australian Greenhouse Office. I am the rocket scientist who wrote the carbon accounting model (FullCAM) that measures Australia's compliance with the Kyoto Protocol, in the land use change and forestry sector.

When I started that job in 1999 the evidence that carbon emissions caused global warming seemed pretty good: CO2 is a greenhouse gas, the old ice core data, no other suspects.

But since 1999 new evidence has seriously weakened the case that carbon emissions are the main cause of global warming, and by 2007 the evidence was pretty conclusive that carbon played only a minor role and was not the main cause of the recent global warming.

As Lord Keynes famously said, "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/no-smoking-hot-spot/story-e6frg73o-1111116945238

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hey LIBERALS!!!! Still want the US Government to raise utilitiy costs, kill jobs, and increase the cost of goods and services in the name of Global Warming/Climate Change?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

Since the scientists who promoted global warming are now changing their minds, shouldn't you?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Crumbling like a house of cards
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• He is a lucky man.  The religion of GW (global-warming) has not yet reached the point of a certain other religion that shall remain nameless and started demanding execution of apostates.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• LOl the ones who are devoted won't change their minds.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• That is a great question grly...what say you liberals here..still think crap and tax should be crammed down Americans throats?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• "by 2007 the evidence was pretty conclusive that carbon played only a minor role and was not the main cause of the recent global warming."

Yeah, and this is only coming out now. *shaking head*
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• OP, you screwed up.  The big words in your title confused the GW crowd.  Keep it simple next time.  LOL

Anonymous

• So, where ARE all the believers???? More importantly, WHERE IS AL GORE?????
    29again

Answer by 29again at 7:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010