Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I re-schedule?

My 9 month old has er well check up this afternoon. But she woke up with a runny nose and a bit congested. Should I cancel her vaccinations today? Thanks

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I'd call the doctor's office and speak to a nurse to find out what they suggest. I think unless she is running fever it should be fine.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

  • I wouldn't, the vaccines may boost her immunities. I've brought my daughter in when she was pretty sick, runny nose, cough, up all night.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

  • as long as she has no fever I would keep the apt
    mommymeg03

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

  • A little runny nose and no fever? I say keep the appt.
    maggiemom2000

    Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

  • i would reschedule. my little brother got vax once when he had a cold and it made things worse. the vaccines would not boost immunity to anything other than what it's intended for...
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

  • Take her anyway, tell them about her runny nose and let them decide what is best.
    BlainesMommy09

    Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

  • Thanks everyone. I just got off the phone with the pediatrician's nurse. They recommend I bring her in as long as she has no fever it would be fine. Thanks again!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010