What is the best AT HOME hair color brand?

I know the salon is better but I'm just curious.

3beautbabies

Asked by 3beautbabies at 1:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I honestly have never gotten good results from a salon - so I have to disagree there. But I would suggest Clairol: Natural Instincts. It's awesome color and it's easy to do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I am a licensed hair dresser and I would generally say a salon is best simply because a stylist should know what would work best for your hair where you may be uncertain but that is not always the guess, in fact you may have an awful stylist do your hair and hate the results. lol..I would suggest if your doing your own hair to use a semi color, simply because this is the healthiest option for your hair it does damage the cortex of the hair like permanent color does and I would suggest Loreal simply because they also make profession products, anymore question please feel free to message me.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 1:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I like Excellence Creme by L'oreal too
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Feria
    Anonymous

• I'm licensed and use L'Oreal professional color but I do it for 2 reasons. Box color usually has 20 volume peroxide in it and I use 10 volume because it just deposits color without lifting it - I cover gray. The other reason is cost - I buy my color when it's on sale. Recently I got 6 bottles of color for $18 - it's enough to color my hair 12 times. The peroxide is about $3 and I re-use my color bottle over and over.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2010