I hate myself (venting)

I really wanna be back with my ex (sons dad) but he doesnt wanna be with me and idk y. He was my 1st love and i would go out my way for him. I dont think i will ever find anyone else. we have been broken up for a year now...y cant i get over him! I hate who i am, I kkno he doesnt wanna be with me because of my personality...im quiet, shy. I try not to be to please him tho. I wish i was more outgoing. My son is the only person who makes me happy and who makes me feel worth anything. I wish i had more confidence...i stayed with my ex for 3 days. he didnt really talk to me and we even slept in seperate beds. I just dont kno what to do. I really hate who i am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• so because your shy he dont want you? that makes no sense
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• alls I can say is get involved in something, go out with friends and meet new people, keep yourself busy. Pretty much just move on with your life, which might help you to stop thinking about him and also maybe you will meet somebody else. You can't make him want you and the harder you try the more he might get turned off. Also get into a healthy routine by eating right and exercising it will help you feel better and lift your spirits.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I agree with PP. Don't be so inwardly focused, get out and start living. Join a gym or self defense class, make some friends. ...and with the irony of the universe, once your over him he'll want you back.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• THE POWER IN A RELATIONSHIP LIES IN THE ONE WHO CARES THE LESS. RIGHT NOW HE CARES LESS SO HE HAS ALL OF THE POWER. REVERSE IT
    Anonymous

• oh op you are so freakin worthy of life without a person who cares nothing for you. I have three kids, two daughters and one son between teens and 25yo. Being a woman I know the pressure we feel to please a man in personality, sexually sometimes at costs of our sanity sometimes our lives.

Through the yeras I've known many women who've had miscarriages, difficulty conceiving, broken relationships (sigh that's me we're better than we were).

If only I believed I knew from my own mom that my likes as a human were as important as what I wanted in a man my hard times in love would have been easier.

My girls have been reminded often they're worthy of living the many many things that life does offer. Their success in life is not dependent on only having a man, even a baby. I don't know if my daughters will become moms or get married, settle w/boyfriend or not.

Let your son heal you his hugs, smiles. Magical. His kisses.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Then make a change. Do stuff that builds up your confidence. Go to school, get new friends, join a group, be a volunteer. Just do something to expand your horizons as a person. Don't settle for being an extension of a man, be you. You are probably a great person with fantastic qualities. Remind yourself what they are an share them with the world. That will attract a nice guy who wants you and appreciates you for who you are.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010