What D do you drive your car in.

OK i know nothing about cars what D are you suppose to drive it in my car is a ford explorer do you drive it in the normal D or the d with a circle thing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The regular D if you are doing city driving, the D with the circle if you are on the highway - or that's what my dh told me anyway! The D with the circle is overdrive.

Answer by missanc at 1:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I always just do OD. Its too easy to forget to switch when you get up to 55 mph. If you don't kick in the OD at higher speeds your motor is working harder.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• od
    Anonymous

• Overdrive is the only one I use. Even if I am in the city because once I get speed up I forget to change it into overdrive.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• OP-------thanks so much everyone
    Anonymous

• Overdrive. The only time you should take it out of Overdrive is when you are going very slow on mountain roads. You'll wear out your motor faster by switching from D to OD all the time.
    Anonymous