How do bloggers make money ?

I keep hearing of women earning incomes by blogging . How do they do that ?

newdirection

Asked by newdirection at 1:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't know. I wish I knew.
    Anonymous

• I believe you have to either use Google Adsense or blog about products and put affiliate links in your blog.
    Anonymous

• Google Adsense is one way, there are other programs out there. If you do opt for Adsense, go directly to their website, not one of the "make millions with Google" ads. http://adsense.google.com I have a site with free samples, I get paid to post some of the samples. Free Samples

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• thanks ladies keep em comming
    newdirection

Answer by newdirection at 2:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I have 3 blogs... Well, two full time and one in the works yet. The 2 that are up and running now both have Ad words on them. I also do affiliate programs and have those banners as well, plus when I talk about a product or service I always link it to my Amazon affiliate. So if someone clicks the word & buys the product, I make commission... There are lots of ways to do it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• They make money by selling advertise space on their blogs. In order to make money they must get a lot of good traffic. The traffic is the hard part. First you need a good looking blog with great content. Then you need to know about search engine optimization (SEO) so that your blog gets crawled and ranks high in the search engines so people can find you.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Here is some information I put together that you may find helpful:

Simplest Online Money Making Info

How this Stay at Home Mom Works from Home

And if you're really interested in making money with blogs, then you really should think about starting with Squidoo.  I've been making about $55 to $90 a month with Squidoo

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• oh you guys are great I am so excited
    newdirection

Answer by newdirection at 4:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• all the above or they make money by having people opt in to a list, these people are leads.
    Anonymous

• This is my understanding. There are two ways to make money, a pay for click system on your blog (like adsense), or selling a product or service. Both require a following and time and effort upfront to be effective. It seems there's an initial investment to start a money making blog. The free sites (like blogspot) can't handle large amounts of traffic.

Nancy Wilson (think that's her name) offers a course on money making blogs. Alot of her articles show up free, check them first. Her big thing is to find something you're good at and "sell" it.

As you consider what to write, look into copyblogger. Right now they offer a free 20 part course on how give people good solid infomation. That sets the framework for presenting services and products you believe in to sell. This is like a friend talking to a friend.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 12:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2010