Little people birthday etiquette

Do you drop your kids off to a birthday party or do you stay regardless of their age? Who is responsible for your child when you leave your child at a birthday party? Do you expect parents to stick around during a birthday party and help out and do you mention that on the invite?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• usually the parents are there for the ones we have. im not a babysitter haha
    Anonymous

• Depends on the age - I started dropping off my kids for parties at 5, depending on how well I knew the parents. Other parents also started dropping off their kids at my kids bday parties at 5, a few at 4.

Answer by missanc at 1:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• If the part is with someone I really trust and it is in their home I will drop her off. However, if it is at a public place like Chuck E Cheese or something, I will stay. I figure that I can always get myself something to drink (I pay my own) an watch. In the case of little ones, I would make it manditory for the parents to stay. That way they can take their child to the bathroom or handle the melt downs.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 1:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• When my child attends parties later on I plan to drop her off. I have no interest in staying. That party is for the kids, NOT ME. I really won't mind if parents just drop their kids off when I throw kid parties either. I'll have PLENTY of adult family supervising. I won't be their to entertain or feed the parents anyway. I'll be busy with the children.

Now if a parent REQUESTS other parents STAY then I'll have no choice. If a parent WANTS to stay at my party, I won't say they can't of course. I would just personally find it boring.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Every party I've been to, the parent's stick around if their child is small.
    Anonymous

• around here (Miami) parents come with the kids to the party. Kids b-day are family parties and I take both my kids to whatever party one of them is invited to (I do call to RSVP though with both)

It may be cultural thing though. Parties are for everyone. I would not feel comfortable with leaving myself. But I think its all realtive to how things are done where you live.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2010