Should He Be a Junior

So growing up i promised myself that i was going to be a virgin till i get married (didnt happen), that i was going to marry before i got pregnant (didnt happen) and i wouldn't name my son after the father no matter what. where i stand now since the other two things i couldnt fulfill. the whole baby name thing had to come into play. So now my thought is if im married and there is a commitment between the father and I then naming our son after him wouldnt be so bad(if he really wanted to) it would be a priceless gift to My husband something special just for him. Now that im pregnant with my baby boy not married my BF is kinda forcing me to give the baby his name and where i stand is i dont think he has any intentions of marrying me so what do i do.? everytime the whole baby name thing comes up its like i want to ask him about the marriage thing but he pulls back from the question. thinking its just a name but its more to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here's the deal. The marriage thing...not likely to happen here. Not if your boyfriend is backing off. The name is YOUR CHOICE. Do you like the name? Then use it. Don't like it? Then DON'T. Whether you like the name or not is going to have to be your guide.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't, but that's just me. Especially since he seems unwilling to make a lasting commitment. I wouldn't want my son named after someone who didn't plan on being around forever, and willing to make it legal. But it's your choice.

Answer by missanc at 2:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't name my son after his father and we ARE married! I think kids need their own names... and even more so if you don't think you'll be marrying this guy. If he can't commit now then chances are he's not planning on sticking around.... so why name your child after him if in a few years he's going to bail on you and your son?
    He needs to put a ring on your finger or no way!
    That said.... I think it's nice to use part of a father's name... if you choose.... in the baby's name. For example, my son has his father's middle name, Edward, which goes back 6 generations. So maybe a compromise of using your BF's first or middle name as the baby's middle name.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Amijanell am i asking for too much i mean i dont think i am im not asking for a commitment right now cause frankly we havnt been together for a year yet. its been just a few month and we couldnt stop fate..i wish i wasnt pregnant..although my child is a blessign..its just causein so much confusion and pain on my end cause i cant deny i love him i cant deny im have his baby..i just really dont think our feeling are mutual..im not expecting him to just give me a ring just because im pregnant..i want him to do it because he loves me the same way..so he shouldnt assume that just because this is his first child that i have to name it after him. its just alot for me to handle if it doesnt work out chances are the child will be with me 24-7 and to hear the name will hurt me even more..knowing how i feel about him and him not want to be with me..I dont want to be one of those mothers that resents her child because of his father
    Anonymous