Hurting Hair Folicles

OK, this may be one of the strangest questions but I have to ask LOL
Sometimes my hair folicles really hurt, usually its after my hair has been pulled up in a pony tail for too long and then when I let it down I cant hardly even run my fingers through my hair or move the hair at all near the roots because it is painful, it hurts really bad.
Does this happen to anyone besides me? Is this normal? I loose a lot of hair also, especially in the shower or when I brush...I dont have a bald spot or anything but its a lot of hair that comes out.

Could there be a problem with my roots?

jlizgar

Asked by jlizgar at 1:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Health

• It is because you have it pulled back to hard. I have that happen when I do that.
    Anonymous

• 100anony is right - i used to get that too. The ache was my scalp where my hair met my head -but only when my hair was pulled back. Ya just gotta not make such a tight pony tail like anony say.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• That happens to me too. I have very sensitive skin, so I always chalked it up to that. I think people naturally lose between 50-100 hairs a day, so I don't think you should worry to much about that. C:
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010