spitting up help

my daughter is almost 5 months old, when i first started feeding her formula she was on enfamil with iron, it gave her gas and was fussy so we switched her to enfamil gentlease that was about a month and a half ago, no all the sudden she keeps spitting up like the who bottle, she has never had this problem before but all the sudden, my mom suggested soy formula, any thoughts?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did she just start sitting or is on her hands and knees (getting ready to crawl position) a lot? My boys had severe reflux. And while not on formula, every time they got into a new body position like sitting or crawling their spitting go a lot worse. It could be something simple as sitting, especially since baby has been on the "new" formula for over a month. She could also have a little tummy virus. Call the doc and get some suggestions from the nurse.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• switch her to enfamil AR! has the same issues and switching her worked for me.
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 2:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• you know what, she did, she likes when we hold her hands and sit her up
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My daughter spit up a lot too...soy formula didn't help her. It seemed to get worse when she was teething. If it isn't bothering her then I'd leave it alone. My daughter's just went away on its own around 9 mo. The formula that worked best for us was Costco's generic...Kirkland brand. *Note: My daughter was breastfed until she was 6 mo. and then formula fed. She spitup regardless of whether she was on breast, bottle, soy, etc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2010