Questions? Here is your Guide To The Climate Scandals

It has been tough to keep up with all the bad news for global warming alarmists. We’re on the edge of our chair, waiting for the next shoe to drop. This has been an Imelda Marcos kind of season for shoe-dropping about global warming.

At your next dinner party, here are some of the latest talking points to bring up when someone reminds you that Al Gore and the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change won Nobel prizes for their work on global warming.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/guide-to-the-climate-scandals.html

My favorite:

RussiaGate – Even when global warming alarmists base claims on scientific measurements, they’ve often had their finger on the scale. Russian think tank investigators evaluated thousands of documents and e-mails leaked from the East Anglia research center and concluded readings from the coldest regions of their nation had been omitted, driving average temperatures up about half a degree.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If they truly care, why do they have to falsify data? If they truly care, why do they fly in private jets to Copenhagen? If they truly care, why do they mislead? If they truly care, why aren't they more open with their data?

YES...  All you GW-huggers.....  Answer these questions with facts and we can have a serious discussion..

Till then you have blinders on and Al Gore is $$$$$$ L O V I N G $$$$$$  E V E RY $$$$$$$ M I N U T E $$$$$$ of it!  Hell, so is Pelosi. She is invested to profit as well...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We all know climate change/global warming is fake, geez! It was just made up to get people to actually care about the planet, lame!
    Did you also know that the recession isn't real because people are still winning the lottery?
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 2:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Face it, it's a crock of crap!!!!!!!

The people who didn't believe it deserve some credit.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• LOLSabrina. Good one!
    I am not on the edge of my chair waiting for more news either.....what a silly article ! But climate change,global warming or cooling and conservation ARE important issues.
    For almost a century people have tried to conserve and they have cared about the planet but here at CM, nobody thinks it is worth the effort to live "green" or worry about air pollution. Smart people do.....just sayin' .....
    Anonymous

• "It was just made up to get people to actually care about the planet, lame!"

If they truly care, why do they have to falsify data?
    If they truly care, why do they fly in private jets to Copenhagen?
    If they truly care, why do they mislead?
    If they truly care, why aren't they more open with their data?

I truly care about this planet, and live green. I don't lecture you about your habits while living high on the hog.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• THis came from Prison Planet, a right wing radical and conspiracy theory laden website that makes me afraid for the gullible conservatives in America.
    Anonymous

• For almost a century people have tried to conserve and they have cared about the planet but here at CM, nobody thinks it is worth the effort to live "green" or worry about air pollution. Smart people do.....just sayin' .....

Glad to hear you aren't bothered by their lies or faked data.  You are a True Believer.  How's that halo fit?

Anonymous

• Wow anon......So because we dont want to be TAXED into submission on FALSE data we dont think it is worth the effort to live "green" or worry about air pollution.I didnt know we had met! I feel AWFUL for not remembering your visit to my home **sarcasm**  I have heard OVER and OVER on here moms say they do NOT believe this BUNK but that they DO conserve and recycle.  Maybe YOU are only capable of doing theses things if you are FORCED to or REGULATED to. And since you are ASSuming, do let me.........I am going to assume that you need to be TAXED and your money through those oh so honest politicians in Washington to help the planet.   I dont. MANY dont. THIS is about MONEY and anyone who doesnt SEE that is incredibly naive!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• AlaskaGate – Geologists for Space Studies in Geophysics and Oceanography and their U.S. and Canadian colleagues say previous studies largely overestimated by 40 percent Alaskan glacier loss for 40 years. This flawed data are fed into those computers to predict future warming.

DutchGate – The IPCC also claimed rising sea levels endanger the 55 percent of the Netherlands it says is below sea level. The portion of the Netherlands below sea level actually is 20 percent. The Dutch environment minister said she will no longer tolerate climate researchers’ errors.

Anonymous

• ChinaGate – An investigation by the U.K.’s left-leaning Guardian newspaper found evidence that Chinese weather station measurements not only were seriously flawed, but couldn’t be located. “Where exactly are 42 weather monitoring stations in remote parts of rural China?” the paper asked.

HimalayaGate – An Indian climate official admitted in January that, as lead author of the IPCC’s Asian report, he intentionally exaggerated when claiming Himalayan glaciers would melt away by 2035 in order to prod governments into action. This fraudulent claim was not based on scientific research or peer-reviewed. Instead it was originally advanced by a researcher, since hired by a global warming research organization, who later admitted it was “speculation” lifted from a popular magazine.

Anonymous