For the people who live in Florida, what's the weather like? Is it colder than normal this time of year?

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 2:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have lived in Miami for 50 years, I do not remember the last time we had so many consecutive days with cold weather like we have been having. I want it to go away!!!!! NOw!!!!!!!!! It has been consistently in the 40's for a few days now, if not weeks, I know in comparison it is not that cold but the houses here are not ready or equipped for this kind of weather and the cold concentrates inside.

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I've only lived here 2 years so I don't quite know the weather patterns. It's been a little colder than last year, but compared to where I used to live, I am not complaining! :)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• snowgirlI've been here 22 yrs and never seen anything like it. I'm freezing my behind off as I type! It's been the longest winter I can remember. Our winters usually last a couple of weeks and it's over. This has gone on forever. It SNOWED here last week. My dd called me on her way to Daytona Beach for the races. She said she was driving in a BLIZZARD! Who would have ever thought that? She said they frozen during the races. It's just crazy. The news says it's going to go back down into the 20's again tonight so winter isn't over yet here in FL

Answer by admckenzie at 2:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Those kinda temps are nothing new here in NY, but it does finally go to show how weather patterns are changing, it's been a very snowy winter in the south and mid-eastern states, while Buffalo hasn't been bad at all, snow wise (where I've lived all my life)! Of course when we do get snow we know how to handle it. It's been pretty darn cold though, highs in the 20's for the last few weeks, I can't wait for Spring.

Good luck to those in Florida and southern states in the cold. I fully understand how many doesn't even have furnaces like we do.....or winter gas bills in the hundreds....and it's gotta be hard for you. My furnace is on 70, and thankd to balanced billing our monthly gas bill is $88
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2010