Camping with a toddler- any advice???

We have a pop-up camper and we have really enjoyed going camping for a weekend from April-October. Often times we even stay fairly local, doing campgrounds within an hour or 2 of our house. Last summer it was easy, since she was still little and not walking yet. (We even have a little pod tent that she could sleep in!). This year she is 1 1/2, walking, and still sleeps in a crib. I'm looking for advice for where she should sleep. Should we put her on the inside of the bed and one of us sleep on the outside? Should I try putting her on the bed over the table and block off one side so she doesn't fall off? No room inside for PnPlay, and can't put her on the floor because the dog sleeps there! Any thoughts? Anyone been there?

musichollie

Asked by musichollie at 2:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Travel

• We always folded up the dinning table and put the PnPlay there! I dont know what ur camper looks like so I would put her in bed with you! Dont see why that wouldnt work!
    Anonymous

• she should stay in the same tent as you!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Well with the pop up camper I would assume that there would be two beds. We take our three toddlers camping all of the time. The longest trip that we have made was 3 weeks. It is so nice to get away from things and electronics and just be together as a family. Anyways going back to the sleeping arrangement. I actually have the Kid Pod things as well and at the age of 2 my little ones still sleeps in it, it is her special space. I put it on the bed on the other side. Then I put our bags around the outside of the bed so she can do no rolling. Her two sisters sleep near her on the same side of the bed. There is no way that I would actually get any sleep is she was in the same bed with us that is why I opt to put her on the other bed. If you can sleep with her then that might work but I would do the other bed and kind of corral her in with other things so that she can not roll off. If yours is like ours there are lots o
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• of cushions that would work as well to put around her. Good luck and I am sure that you will figure something out. When we travel I use the POD to so my little one loves it and it is like her own special space. I think it makes her feel safe and secure.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2010