swallowed coin

my dd swallowed a coin on thursday. i took her to the er and it was in her belly. they told me she would poop it ou ad so far nothing. am taking her back to the doctor today at 6. has anyone gone thru this an what did the doctor due? its been 5 days

piwife

Asked by piwife at 2:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Has she pooped yet? How old is she? Is it possible she went with out telling you and it could have come out then?
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 2:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yeah she poop fri,sat and today she is 3 and she always lets me know.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My daughter swallowed two pennies a while back. I took her to the ER and they were in her belly. They told me the same thing as you. I never checked her poop. Its been a few months and she is ok. I wouldn't be worried.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• this happens all the time, it's hard to belive people take their kids to the er for it. you just have to wait for it to pass.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i been checking her poop is not that hard, its like mush. i think its a quarter so thats why am worry
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• well angel, i took her to the er cuz her pediatrician told me too. and even the er doctor told me it was better to bring them in
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• This too shall pass. I nannied for a little girl who would eat pennies all the time. No matter how careful we were to make sure there was no change within reach, she always seemed to find some. She had pennies in her diaper several times a week.

My own daughter swallowed a barbie shoe. When my oldest was helping me change her diaper, she saw the shoe and demanded that I get it and clean it. I said, "Heck no. You want it, you clean it." Needless to say, the shoe went in the trash with the diaper.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• unless you are sifting and rinsing her poop to actually try and find it, you might never see it.

don't worry, I used to swallow coins all the time when I was little LOL IDK I think I thought I was saving the money that way ;o)
    Anonymous