How does quoting the Bible make it so?

Why is it that some of you throw scripture around to proof what you say, don't you realize that the world does not revolve around it? that a lot of people not only do not rely on the Bible to make decisions, but also a lot of them do not beleive in it.
Quoting the Bible might make it so for the beleiver, but when you thrown it around like the world revolves around it makes me wonder how many of you who do this, realize you are throwing the scriptures to deaf ears?

Asked by older at 3:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Older - they just need something to bash because you are making them question their beliefs and they don't like that. Despite the fact that Jesus welcomes it when one decides to question religion many are against it. Just ignore them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 4:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Yup yours included.
    Sorry Older but you walked into that one.

I quote to encourage and to show God's truth.. what you or others do with it is not my problem, its God's territory then.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Christians believe that God's Word is the final authority. That's why we quote it. It's not about what we think. It is about what God says. If you choose to turn a deaf ear to it, that is your choice. The Bible is written primarily to Christians. It is our guidebook for living. Within its pages, we are charged to warn those who are in danger from their own actions or else we are called to account by God for allowing their destruction without warning. The Bible says that if we don't warn, then the blood of those people is on our hands. And so we warn and leave the consequences of our obedience with Him. Put another way, the Bible is the anchor and the compass for a Christian's ship of life. Without it, shipwreck if on the horizon!!
    Anonymous

• I quote when I am asked why I believe what I believe. For a Christian the world and everything in it DOES revolve around God and His word. I realize that me quoting scripture may not convince a non-believer, but I use it to explain and support my beliefs.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i quote the scriptures to show that im not making stuff up, got it from the word of God. if some is asking for advice i go to the bible to give them the best advice that i can give.
    Anonymous

• Go to fullsize image

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I quote for personal reasons. How's life working for you?
    Anonymous

• anon, my life is full and rich and Bibleless, all I need is my common sense, my compassion and the Golden rule.

Answer by older at 3:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Shane, once again you are wrong, My ears are not deaf to his word, only his word comes to me in a place other than the Bible, but then again I never would expect for someone like you to understand this.

Answer by older at 3:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• what mamak99 said
    Anonymous