this is long, but looking for any thoughts or opinions

and im sure you may not KNOW exactly...
last cycle i was on clomid 100 mg cd 3-7, had a 28 day cycle. i assumed I O'd because i had my period on my own (which i havent done in a while!) and a "perfect" 28 day cycle... my progesterone level check on cd 21 was low and doc said i really didnt O, or it wasnt a "good one." so they increased my clomid to 150 mg cd 3-7. now today is cd 29, and so far, no sign of af. i usually get cramps for a few days before af comes and **maybe TMI** stinky gas lol.

i used the freeopk pregnancy tests. friday i tested with it, BFN-still BFN (yes i keep looking at them lol) the one i took yesterday BFN- now a slight shadow of a line lol. im not imagining it, because i tried to imagine a line on the first one and still cant haha. i know its an evap- but its there (but i feel better about that than a negative lol)

so for christmas my mom bought me a multi-vitamin. (not prenatal) it has some B6

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• could this be why my period hasnt come yet? or do u think i didnt O? im just looking for any thoughts :)

**UPDATE** so i am supposed to get a 21 day progesterone level check. well i didnt make it there on day 21, so i went day 22 (snow storm) well they just called and my levels were an 8.0 last time they were like 2.3 and the time before like a 1. does anyone know what progesterone levels should be??

more info: Progesterone levels rise after ovulation, and the rise can usually be detected about a week after ovulation. There are no "normal" progesterone levels after ovulation.

1.Progesterone levels after ovulation (midluteal, middle of the second half of the cycle) in a nonpregnant patient are generally at least 8-10 ng/ml. Much lower levels usually mean you did not ovulate.
    2.Progesterone levels can change from one day to the other, from one hour to the next, from one laboratory to the next.
    Anonymous

• 3.After you eat, progesterone levels can drop by as much as 50%, that's why the blood test should be done in the morning and before you eat.
    4.Even on the same day women may have different levels.
    5.Progesterone levels are usually well below 5-10 ng/ml without ovulation.
    6.If you are pregnant, progesterone levels are usually at least 10-12 ng/ml to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome and most doctors like to see progesterone levels around 16-18 ng/ml or more though there are many successful pregnancies with lower levels.
    7.With an ectopic pregnancy, progesterone levels are lower when compared with an intrauterine pregnancy.
    8.There are differences in opinion as to what to do if progesterone levels are low after ovulation.
    Anonymous

• Well I can tell you that continuing to look at the pregnancy test is not a good idea because the results are only valid for like 10 minutes. It could change to look like a positive and you get your hopes up, when in reality the test is just too old. Take it out to the trash after a few minutes and be done with it!

It sounds like you did ovulate, but who knows if you're pregnant. I would just wait a few days and test again. Good luck! I know it's hard to wait, I've done three rounds of clomid with no success.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• thanks :) and trust me, i know its completely invalid. but atleast i know they're not faulty tests!! lol (they were free from online)
    Anonymous