Breastfeeding

My friend told me the other day that this girl actually got turned on from breastfeeding her baby so she had to stop. Do people actually get turned on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's possible and it was probably a good idea that she stopped if she was having those feelings.

Anonymous

• I have never heard of this. Strange though.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I've heard that physically it can cause vaginal secretions like when you get turned on, but I don't think it is normal for the emotional turn on.

Anonymous

• Thats both natural and bizarre IMO... As a woman we've never had our breasts stimulated other than for sex so it may be hard for us to separate both. I went the other way while i was breastfeeding. My husband couldnt suck or play with mine because it felt too maternal. Only between babies does it feel GOOD for him to do this.
    Most...pretty much all breastfeeding moms aren't going to be turned on by breastfeeding though.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• In the book So That's What They're For, it talks about this and says that it is completely normal.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I wasn't trying to sound mean towards her either I just didn't know because I have never breastfed. I guess it's more normal than people let on? but then again I guess nobody would ever admit that. I don't know how my friend found out.
    Anonymous

This, I will admit, anonymously, happened to me. It was only for like the first two weeks or so I would say. I am assuming until my body got used to it, perhaps? But it definitely was not an emotional turn on. And as I said it was only the first couple of weeks. My dd is now 6 months and we are still breastfeeding.
    Anonymous