Do you think this was the right decision?

I run a group that has certain guidelines and rules that are expected to be followed. My group is private and you have to apply to join. I recently had one of my co-owners remove a member from the group, even though she's been a member for a while. She obviously knew the rules, yet she decided to break them. A couple weeks ago, she posted a blog in my group. I removed the post and politely PMd her, stating that blogs were not allowed in the group. She then proceeded to block me from viewing her profile and contacting her. She then posted another blog in my group. After messaging one of my co-owners and removing the second post, this member was PMd by said co-owner and told she was being removed from the group for blatantly disregarding the rules and for being childish by blocking me. Do you think that was the right decision and/or do you think the message was too harsh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Exactly the RIGHT move. In fact, it took too long to take the step.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Well if she is not following the rules then she needs to be romoved. You would remove anyone else if they did not follow the rules.
    Anonymous

• Right on! Maybe shouldn't even have let it go on for that long.
    Anonymous

• We normally have a three strikes you're out rule for new members, but we may be changing that now. My group is almost 2 years old and we haven't had any problems like this before, which was why I was a little lax about taking care of it right away.
    Anonymous

• Rules are rules. I do the same thing you did. I give a warning and if it happens again, that's all she wrote...she's gone. Respect is important. Respecting rules is vital imo

Answer by admckenzie at 8:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2010