Anti-baby wearing

Are you anti-baby wearing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Inside or out? LOL...just a joke.
    I think it is fine if the mom likes it.
    I would have loved doing it when my girls were babies and we were out in public or they needed soothing, but I never could have done it all the time because I like a bit of body "freedom" and to move about unhindered.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I'm for taking care of your child any way you see fit as long as the child is taken care of! I tried baby wearing, it was nice, I have a very close bond with the child I tried it with. But baby wearing just didn't work out in the long run for me.
    Anonymous

• huh?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Not anti-baby wearing, just anti-serious back pain. There is a reason I gave birth. If it works for you, great. Do it. It was not something I really cared to do. Of course I held my baby frequently. I just never felt the need to wear them all the time.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• No, I am not anti-baby wearing. I also would like to point out that even Attached Parenting mom's do put their kids down and step away at point throughout the day. Baby wearing and AP do not equal baby never leaves your side for one moment.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I can see someone not choosing it for themselves, but why would anyone be ANTI-baby wearing? That's just silly.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Eh, I didn't use a sling for my son, but did for my daughter. Close with both of them. DD was VERY fussy and hated to be in a stroller or a car seat, so the sling made sense with her. Can't see why anyone would care whether other people wear their baby or not. How is it affecting you?
    Anonymous

• Hey anon 17, I never said it was affecting me either way. I could be a proud baby wearer, I could be against the idea. That's not what's up for discussion. I simply wanted to know what everyone else thought.
    Anonymous

• It's definitely not for me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010