What else could it be..

This isnt a "Am I pregnant question" ( becauase obviosuly you wont know lol ) But ... I havent had a period since November ( which sometimes I do skip) took a test at my Drs office on Jan. 5 - it was negative.... I have been sooo tired and moody -- like extremely tired and moody and I have had really bad heartburn ( which I never have) but now I have been having it like everynight ..and I havent been eating anything different....

I will be taking a test later this week ( snowed in, so I have to wait until i can get to teh store) ....but Has anyone else had these symptoms and was not pregnant? I dont really have the feeling that I am -- with my last two I just knew..and I also was very sick from day 1 with both of them and I am not now ( but I know not every pregnancy is the same)

Any ideas will be helpful ^_^

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 4:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You may be anemic, or your thyroid may not be working correctly. Ask your doctor to run some simple blood tests, and then you'll know for sure.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• thanks..
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Are you on any meds that you have begun within the past 6-9 months or less? Are you stressed?
    When does the doc want to see you again if you don't get your period? If he/she didn't say anything, then you call them up and ask, or call your gynie to find out.
    I went over a year without mine and I finally went to a gynie. After a physical and internal exam turned up normal, they ran bloodwork on me and found out that one of my hormones was running high and they reviewed the meds I was on. Turned out one of them was a high dose and they had to confer with that prescribing doc to see if it could be changed. Within 3 months of it being changed I got my periods back (dang!).
    Insist on finding out, okay?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• well I was at my gynos. when they did the pregnancy test ... I have PCOS so my period is always missing here and there... but it has been awhile that I skipped more than one month...and I have never been this tired and crabby...

Im not on any meds at all...not stressed more than usual....I took a test today and it was a dud test !! lol...so I might go get another this weekend...

I am thinking about calling and setting up an appt. to get my blood checked... diabeties (sp) runs strong in boht sides of my family..so maybe that could be it? or I dont know, just see what he says
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 6:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2010