How to get my curls back?

I have natural curly hair & since I had my daughter 4 years ago I have straigtened it more because I don't have to wash it every day if it is straight. Now when I do try to wear it curly, it doesn't curl as good & looks frizzy! And suggestions? Or products that will make it curl better. I have tried so many things!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• As you have kids you loss your curls. Other then getting a perm or use a curling iron there is no way of getting the curl back.
    Anonymous

• To have curly hair on occassion or more often do what my 17 year old does. She was born with hair as straight as a pencil.

Since she became interested in makeup, etc. a couple of years ago when she wants curly hair she braids her hair wet or dry and her hair stays curly once out for quite a while. For waves she braids lightly/loosely.

A month after my firstborn was born I had my hair curled with a curling iron in a salon - it stayed curled for almost a week -so weird!!!! Before then my first couple of perms came down in a few days to a week and I had to get 'em redone!!!!!

have fun - just braid away!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• It could be the way your hair is cut. I have found if I have long layers cut into my hair I get a better natural curl - my hair is long. The length of the hair can weigh the curl down.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• You probably killed the medulla in your hair from setting your iron too hot and damaging your hair. (exactly what I did)... buy a gloss protectant that you apply before using your straight iron and getting a few protein treatments.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2010