Second marriages.....

My boyfriend and I have been together 3 years, each of us was married and divorced once, I have 3 children with the ex, he has none. We are talking about getting married,but want to keep it extremely simple, yet romantic! (no we won't go to the courthouse!) Any ideas for a relaxing, romantic, intimate wedding with just very limited family/friends. Thank You!

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 4:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Also, inexpensive!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 4:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• If you have friends or family with a nice home or yard see if you can have it there. A home or yard is a perfect place for an intimate wedding, and the location cost is zero! GL!
    Anonymous

• Do it at your house or a friend or relatives.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 4:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• when I married my husband we got married in the living room of our house ( it was a big living room ) ... it was a winter theme -- we got this white snowflake glitter stuff and covered the floor with it and then got those fold chairs but got white chair slip covers, and we hung these beautiful silver snowflakes from the ceiling and had white fabric draped everywhere that wasnt already white...and then had candles everywhere ( we did it in the evening, so it was almot dark out)

it was only a few hundred dollars for the decorations
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• ask a local bed and breakfast for a good deal, i'm sure you could a simple ceremony at a nice house for a couple hundred dollars not including food.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We had ours at our church's "chapel" instead of the large sanctuary and then had the reception in their fellowship hall. It was beautiful and extremely inexpensive. We used a lot of greenery instead of having many flowers, and got a great deal on a caterer for the reception (it was a "dessert" reception, not a dinner which saved us a lot of $$).
    Anonymous

• My hubs and I got married at a small country church- the reason we picked that one is it was 1/2 way between our houses (it was also very cute and non-denominational). the reception was in the church basement- just cake and punch.
    My nephew and his wife had a really nice outdoor wedding at a park-- they had a justice of the peace perform the ceremony, she wore a pretty dress, he wore a suit, they made the invitations themselves, a friend played the harp and another sang (for music). Her flowers and the flowers they had in vases lining the walkway were all bought fresh at the farmers market that morning. They did not have a professional photographer, but had a friend take pictures, and they had disposable cameras for guests to take candid shots and give back to them. They had the reception right there at the park- they had picnic foods, BBQ, grilled meat.... It was a very well put together wedding, lots of fun and very festive
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We got married at my in-laws back yard next to the pond DH grew up fishing in. The ceremony was under a mimosa tree that we strung with about 7-8 strings of white christmas lights. We just word some of our nicer clothes, makes no sense to spend a fortune on something I'd only wear for an hour or so. We had a sort of picnic/bbq type meal, which I fixed most of and FIL picked up at a local deli. I also did our cake, which I have a pic of on my page.

DH also did our invitations on the pc, with a pic of the pond as the background. We also went through a ton of songs on the pc and we picked a bunch that we both loved, he then burned a cd to play during the reception. The 1st song was the one I walked down the 'aisle to. Bryan Adams 'Everything I do". A friend of ours is a notary and she not performed the ceremony as a gift, she also made my bouquet. The one thing we forgot was to get more pics taken.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Go down to the local high school and ask the music director if there are any instrumentalists who would be willing to perform at your wedding. As compensation, they get a shot at the food and a letter of recommendation from you, the satisfied customer.
    Anonymous