How often do they really come to your door?

It seems as if you hear the words JW or LDS it is immediately associated with door knocking. How often are they at your door? I have only had one in the last 5 years. I swiftly told the off and I have not heard from anyone again.

Is there really that much repeated door knocking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It depends on where you live. When I lived in an apartment in Las Vegas Mormon missionaries were everywhere, and at least once a month, sometimes more someone knocked on my door. I live in Georgia now, and it has only happened twice in 20 years.
    Anonymous

• Every summer we get JW coming to our door.
    Anonymous

• Once or twice a year... but I have a strict policy against opening the door to a stranger, anyone can dress like a JW or LDS.. call me paranoid but this is one crazy~ass world we live in, and I'm not taking any chances.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 4:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• When we lived in our apartment complexes during college, they were knocking at the door every week until we had some LDS members move in to our strip of apartments and they quit. We had them once a month at our 1st house because it was next door to an apartment complex. Here where we live now, We've gotten them at our door once in 10 yrs and my youngest son just looked at them in his 5 yr old wide eyed openess and told them that we didn't need their version of Jesus as ours was just fine thank you very much.
    Anonymous

• We live two blocks from our local college's Mormon center. The first five years we lived her we got the mormon boys door knocking 3-5 times a week. No joke. And we also got he JW's 3-4 times a year. At first I was nice to all of them, but after having them come so often I got sick of it. They also started to get more aggressive. I finally started posting a note on the door that said "No Religious Soliciting". The JW's stopped coming after that. But with the mormon boy, it worked for a while, but they started coming back. I ended up calling the church center and complaining. I finally told them I would report them to the police if they kept harassing me. Miraculously, they stopped coming. Now I get them at my door very rarely.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• OMG Choclatluver, I can't believe that never crossed my mind. I am never, never, going to let anyone open the door to any strangers. Ever. Not even the missionary-look-alikes which come by here a lot! Thanks for pointing that out!
    Anonymous

• I'm LDS, so I can tell you a little about them, but I'm not sure for the JW. It depends on how big the "ward" boundry is. A "ward" is just another name for a congregation. If you live in an lds consentrated area, you'll have them more often, because the "ward" will be winthin a smaller area, therefore, they repeat where they've been to before. Sometimes they will come back to an area they've already covered recently because they are guided there through a feeling of where they should be or through heartfelt prayer to know where they should go.
    If you just listen to them, it's really a beautiful message of the restored gosple of Jesus Christ on this earth, and that plan our Heavenly Father has for us. They go over the prexistence, the creation, the plan of Salvation, Christ's ministry, and the restoration of the Gosple of Jesus Christ and the restoration of Priesthood power on the earth. They also go over life after death.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Not often and I dont live far from one of their Kingdom Halls. I havent seen one in quite a few months.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• We live about 3 blocks away from some type of church...maybe a church of Christ I think.

And they send people out about 3 or 4 times a year....seriously they do. Our neighborhood is an easy target b/c there are so many houses fairly close together...easy walking roads...and we are so close to the church.

I dont answer. It saves their time and mine. And like others have mentioned...its much safer ;)
    Anonymous

• Ive had mormons visit twice in 7 years. I like talking to them because I can hold up my own when talking about God. I would really like to see some mormon ladies preaching, so anyways.....

JW's come by about 2 times a year. My Mary Kay sales rep is JW. She comes over alot!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2010