My cat started shaking last night...

..it was really weird...his head did this sort of twitching thing, and I saw this barely perceptible shaking...I wasn't sure if I really saw it at first so I kept watching him and saw nothing...then a few minutes later he did it again and I definitely saw it, just for a second...I made an appt. for him at the vet but it isn't for a week and a half...I've been watching him closely since, and haven't seen it again at all...does anyone know what this might be? He's 8 yrs. old. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pets

• Well my dog has epilepsy and he has siezures like that. I know cats can get it to just out of the blue. Did he go potty right afterwards. They usually go #1 and #2 after a siezure and run into stuff because there vsion is messed up for a while. Yeah it sucks but can be managed with meds. Hope it was just a fluke thing : )
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 4:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My cat did the same thing but it was much longer. She couldn't walk she just swayed and her eyes were going side to side really fast. I brought her to my husband and he just sat there and pet her then she sat in her litter box for over 10 min. she hasnt done it since.
    luvnmyfam13

Answer by luvnmyfam13 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• OP here..thanks for your replies...I never thought of epilepsy, he didn't use the litterbox afterwards...and I've been here most of the day keeping him close by and he hasn't done it again...I'm so hoping it was just a weird fluke thing...!
    Anonymous

• I would try to see if you can catch it on video and take it to the vets office to get some answers ahead of time.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2010