What kind of skin care routine should I be doing?

My skin gets oily. I also had bad acne and now that I am taking antibiotics, it cleared up but I have scars on my cheeks. Red ones and pockmarks. I don't know if there is anything I can do to lessen the appearance of the pockmarks. Plus my skin is light in some areas and dark in others! I can't afford to see a dermatologist so any advice on what kind of soaps and creams I should be using would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• nourish your skin from within! eat your good fats, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts...don't eat or cut way back on sugar and processed foods. the problem with soaps and facial cleansers can be that they dry out your skin, so your skin makes up for this by producing oils. you also may want to consider cutting dairy from your diet for a while and see if that helps too.
    good luck to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Clinique has a really good skin care regime. You can custom tailor it to fit your needs and most of it will be great if your skin is sensitive. They also have some really good cream to help with redness, I just can't remember what it's called.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 5:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Definitely agree with the posts above! A cheap way is to be aware of what you are eating... also, getting on a skin care regime. I also like Clinique, and Mary Kay. I offer 10% off to customers who mention CM www.marykay.com/Lhunt8 -- I do love both Clinique and Mary Kay's skin care regime, so if you have any questions about the two, please contact me!
    lhunt8

Answer by lhunt8 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• send me an inquiry....I share with other women like yourself, how to take care of their skin with BeautiControl. It's the first company to ever introduce the 'at home day spa' experience. All of their products are natural with botanicals and other extracts that have been dermatologist, allergy and opthamologist tested. Also NO testing on animals. The products are wonderful and everyone always loves them. They are very affordable and last longer than mosts because they're concentrated and a little truly goes a long way. Hope to hear from you soon. :o)
    spaangel13

Answer by spaangel13 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010