is there any paticular thing that happens or way you feel right before?

odd question maybe, but i didnt get this far with my first baby and was wondering if there is anything to look for. when do you lose your mucus plug?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never lost my plug until I was about ready to push out my baby!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• It is different for everyone. I never noticed when I lost my plug. I was tired the day before I went into labor with both mine.
    Anonymous

• I was in labor when I lost mine.
    Anonymous

• i started loosing my mucus plug around 34 weeks and kept loosing it till 37. i had my bloody show around 36 weeks. my BH started getting more intense and closer together around 35-36 weeks, then at 37 i woke up one morning and they were pretty close together. went to hospital and they were 3 min apart but was closed walked around for like 30 min and then was at 3. then 30 min later i was at 5.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 4:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• *TMI* I have had some complications throughout my pregnancy and lost my plug 3 weeks ago. My doctor said that the problems I am having (shortened, incompetent cervix and placenta lifting) can cause the mucus plug to go early. I didn't even know what it was, but I'm on bedrest and seeing the doctor weekly...when I went to his office for my weekly appointment he did a vaginal exam and I asked about the bloody discharge. He checked it and said that it was the bloody show and it was ok. It just shows that there was cervical change. And my baby is still kicking and moving inside 3 weeks later. Good luck to you!
    MommaRikard

Answer by MommaRikard at 4:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i lost my plug 3 times before i went into labor. there is no way to know
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Everybody is different. You may lose a plug anywhere in the last trimester almost, or you may not at all like (Or that you notice anyway...discharge during pregnancy is gross anyway!). You may have false labor leading up, or you may experience nothing at all until the day it really begins. There is no way to know for sure! Don't worry. When you are in labor, you will know. Until then...just keep nesting and getting ready and try to distract yourself from the waiting period. Good luck.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I have no cule with my oldest I had a kidney infection and was in to much pain to care, with my youngest I was induced
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010