Too much for Lent---will you help me narrow it down? (a fun question)

I have three things on my list to give up for Lent.
1) IHOP, I go 5xs a week. 4 this week because the kids are out of school today. This will give me extra money I can give to the church.
2)Pop. I drink diet but it is still not good for me.
3) CM time. I spend a good few hours on CM or FB each day. I would have a few extra hours to pray or clean the house.

which one would you do?

disclaimer. I will make my own decisions I just want to see how others would answer and why.

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 4:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Since Lent is about penance and renewing our faith - I'd pick something that you'd like to do on a more permanent basis. Good luck!
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 7:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• CM time. I spend a good few hours on CM or FB each day. I would have a few extra hours to pray or clean the house.

But maybe use the time do do something for others..maybe child care, clean at the church, help an elderly clean..just soem ideas but use your time to help someone maybe.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• thats a good idea.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 4:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• depends on finances...if things are tight than Ihop, but i agree with above too..volunteer somewhere

For Lent Im giving up my Mochas..i spend close to $25 a week on mochas from mcds or starbucks, this will help with $ and my last 10 lbs i need to lose.

Im also going to spend 15 mins a day reading the bible and 30 mins a day doing an activity with my children.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 4:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Give up IHop. That would seem easy for some, but WOW 5 times a week?!?!? Thats a sacrifice! lol GL on it!

Hey do they know you by name when you walk in? lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I gave up caffiene which was mostly soda once and that was soooooo hard to stick to. From what I hear the harder the sacrifice the better, and if it is giving up time from one thing then you should use that time to pray, or do God's work. Which one is going to mean the most to you, that you truly feel it is giving a big part of yourself to God. That is how I choose. Good luck it is a hard thing to figure out.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Hey do they know you by name when you walk in? lol

Worse, they know what I am going to order, my favorite server and I get a discount.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 6:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• CM time would make you more productive, but would give you more time to go to IHOP, which isn't really a good thing. IHOP would be better financially and healthwise, but could lead to profound depression from the sugar withdrawal :p So, I'm going to vote for the pop. If you can kick that habit (diet is actually worse for you than regular) you'd be better off all around.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I do all of those permanently now what would I like give up permanently?

I guess CM and go to adoration more.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 8:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• it's going to be CM
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 3:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2010